January 30th 2017
Parents & Seniors
Save the Date!
January 30th 2017
Time: 7:00 pm
Come to the school for a presentation about the FAFSA. If you want you can stay late and complete the FAFSA at the school with help. Please read more to be prepared!
Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Create a Federal Student Aid ID
Before beginning the FAFSA, the student will need to create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). This is created online at https://fsaid.ed.gov The student will be asked to create a Username and Password. The parent whose signature will be used to submit the FAFSA, will also need to create their own FSA ID. Please note that the FSA ID has replaced the 4 digit PIN used in previous years to sign the FAFSA. Parents will no longer be able to use an existing PIN.
- Social Security numbers
- Driver’s License number
- Alien Registration Number if not a U.S. citizen
- Federal tax information for student and for parents (Form 1040 and W2s). Use income records from the year TWO YEARS PRIOR to the academic year for which you are applying (2016)
- Records of untaxed income, Social Security benefits, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, veterans benefits, and information on savings, investments, and business/farm assets
- Child Support Paid and/or Received
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2017/2018 Academic Year: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Now Available October 1, 2016!!! Use IRS Data Retrieval Tool
- Federal Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Alaska Performance Scholarship – June 30, 2017.
- Institutional Deadline: Check with your institution’s financial aid office
Supply Information if Selected for Verification
- Tax Return Transcript and/or W2s
- Household (size, members, SSNs)
- Legal guardianship documentation
- Dislocated worker documentation
- Review Award Letter
- Accept/Reject Awards (Grants, Scholarships, Work Study, Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans)
- Complete Entrance Counseling and Sign Master Promissory Note: www.studentloans.gov
Additional Help/Questions? Contact: